GOCA oversees the banners that are placed directly behind the Sherwood High School sign at the corner of Georgia Avenue and Rt. 108.
Banner requests must:
- Be submitted only by a non-profit, community-based organization and pertain only to Olney Community public events per our agreement with Maryland SHA.
- Not be of a nature that GOCA considers to be advertising.
- Be submitted via email to matt at mattzaborsky dot com, a minimum of 30 days prior to desire placement date. Banner space is on a first come, first served basis. Your email must specify the dates requested (up to 5 consecutive days, schedule permitting), and have the email address and contact telephone numbers by the person/organization making the request and detail your banner’s message in its entirety. It is subject to GOCA approval.
- Be paid for in full before placement will be confirmed and your banner can be hung.
- Please send payments to: GOCA BANNERS, P.O. Box 1414, Olney, Md. 20830
- Be for a maximum of 5 days. Requests for multiple times can no longer be accommodated.
- You may, subject to our approval, use the space up to 4 times per year.
- Be professional in appearance and have flow-through vents to avoid wind damage.
- Be securely fastened, tight enough to prevent significant movement.
- Be removed immediately at the end of permitted time or they will be taken down by GOCA and a minimum fine of $25.00 will be imposed.
- Have a maximum size not to exceed 4 feet (high) X 14 feet (wide) as larger banners cannot be hung due to the new requirements and space restrictions.
GOCA will charge a $15/day administrative fee. All funds collected will be earmarked for intersection maintenance. Payments are to be sent to address listed above under “banner requests must “, item number 5.
GOCA must now limit banner use to one at a time per the state of Maryland and insist that all new policy conditions be met.
GOCA reserves the right to remove and dispose of any sign that has been placed without approval, becomes unsightly, or exceeds its approved time. GOCA has no liability for hanging the banners and no responsibility once these banners are hung.